The essential fundamentals of 3D animation for aspiring 3Dartists
3D is everywhere--video games, movie and television specialeffects, mobile devices, etc. Many aspiring artists and animatorshave grown up with 3D and computers, and naturally gravitate tothis field as their area of interest. Bringing a blend of studioand classroom experience to offer you thorough coverage of the 3Danimation industry, this must-have book shows you what it takes tocreate compelling and realistic 3D imagery.
* Serves as the first step to understanding the language of 3Dand computer graphics (CG)
* Covers 3D animation basics: pre-production, modeling,animation, rendering, and post-production
* Dissects core 3D concepts including design, film, video, andgames
* Examines what artistic and technical skills are needed tosucceed in the industry
* Offers helpful real-world scenarios and informative interviewswith key educators and studio and industry professionals
Whether you're considering a career in as a 3D artist or simplywish to expand your understanding of general CG principles, thisbook will give you a great overview and knowledge of core 3DAnimation concepts and the industry.