A Companion to Ovid is a comprehensive overview of one of the most influential poets of classical antiquity.
* Features more than 30 newly commissioned chapters by noted scholars writing in their areas of specialization
* Illuminates various aspects of Ovid's work, such as production, genre, and style
* Presents interpretive essays on key poems and collections of poems
* Includes detailed discussions of Ovid's primary literary influences and his reception in English literature
* Provides a chronology of key literary and historical events during Ovid's lifetime