A Companion to Tacitus brings much needed clarity andaccessibility to the notoriously difficult language and yetindispensable historical accounts of Tacitus. The companionprovides both a broad introduction and showcases new theoreticalapproaches that enrich our understanding of this complexauthor.
* Tacitus is one of the most important Roman historians of histime, as well as a great literary stylist, whose work ischaracterized by his philosophy of human nature
* Encourages interdisciplinary discussion intended to engagescholars beyond Classics including philosophy, cultural studies,political science, and literature
* Showcases new theoretical approaches that enrich ourunderstanding of this complex author
* Clarifies and explains the notoriously difficult language ofTacitus
* Written and designed to prepare a new generation of scholars toexamine for themselves the richness of Tacitean thought
* Includes contributions from a broad range of establishedinternational scholars and rising stars in the field