This Companion brings together a team of leading figures incontemporary philosophy to provide an in-depth exposition andanalysis of Quine's extensive influence acrossphilosophy's many subfields, highlighting the breadth of hiswork, and revealing his continued significance today.
* Provides an in-depth account and analysis of W.V.O.Quine's contribution to American Philosophy, and his positionas one of the late twentieth-century's most influentialanalytic philosophers
* Brings together newly-commissioned essays by leading figureswithin contemporary philosophy
* Covers Quine's work across philosophy of logic,philosophy of language, ontology and metaphysics, epistemology, andmore
* Explores his work in relation to the origins of analyticphilosophy in America, and to the history of philosophy morebroadly
* Highlights the breadth of Quine's work across thediscipline, and demonstrates the continuing influence of his workwithin the philosophical community