A Companion to the American Revolution is a single guideto the themes, events, and concepts of this major turning point inearly American history. Containing coverage before, during, andafter the war, as well as the effect of the revolution on a globalscale, this major reference to the period is ideal for any student,scholar, or general reader seeking a complete reference to thefield.
* * Contains 90 articles in all, including guides to furtherreading and a detailed chronological table.
* Explains all aspects of the revolution before, during, andafter the war.
* Discusses the status and experiences of women, NativeAmericans, and African Americans, and aspects of social and dailylife during this period.
* Describes the effects of the revolution abroad.
* Provides complete coverage of military history, including thehome front.
* Concludes with a section on concepts to put the morality ofearly America in today's context.