A Companion to the Eighteenth-century Novel furnishesreaders with a sophisticated vision of the eighteenth-century novelin its political, aesthetic, and moral contexts.
* An up-to-date resource for the study of the eighteenth-centurynovel
* Furnishes readers with a sophisticated vision of theeighteenth-century novel in its political, aesthetic, and moralcontext
* Foregrounds those topics of most historical and politicalrelevance to the twenty-first century
* Explores formative influences on the eighteenth-century novel,its engagement with the major issues and philosophies of theperiod, and its lasting legacy
* Covers both traditional themes, such as narrative authority andprint culture, and cutting-edge topics, such as globalization,nationhood, technology, and science
* Considers both canonical and non-canonical literature