This volume introduces students to the most important figures,movements and trends in post-war British and Irish poetry.
* An historical overview and critical introduction to the poetrypublished in Britain and Ireland over the last half-century
* Introduces students to figures including Philip Larkin, TedHughes, Seamus Heaney, and Andrew Motion
* Takes an integrative approach, emphasizing the complexnegotiations between the British and Irish poetic traditions, andpulling together competing tendencies and positions
* Written by critics from Britain, Ireland, and the UnitedStates
* Includes suggestions for further reading and a chronology,detailing the most important writers, volumes and events