In the last fifty years, extensive studies have been carried outworldwide in the field of adaptive array systems. However, far frombeing a mature technology with little research left to tackle,there is seemingly unlimited scope to develop the fundamentalcharacteristics and applications of adaptive antennas for future 3Gand 4G mobile communications systems, ultra wideband wireless andsatellite and navigation systems, and this informative text showsyou how!
* Provides an accessible resource on adaptive array fundamentalsas well as coverage of adaptive algorithms and advanced topics
* Analyses the performance of various wideband beamformingtechniques in wideband array processing
* Comprehensively covers implementation issues related to suchelements as circular arrays, channel modelling and transmit beamforming, highlighting the challenges facing a designer during thedevelopment phase
* Supports practical implementation considerations with detailedcase studies on wideband arrays, radar, sonar and biomedicalimaging, terrestrial wireless systems and satellite communicationsystems
* Includes examples and problems throughout to aidunderstanding
* Companion website features Solutions Manual, Matlab Programsand Electronic versions of some figures
Adaptive Array Systems is essential reading for seniorundergraduate and postgraduate students and researchers in thefield of adaptive array systems. It will also have instant appealto engineers and designers in industry engaged in developing anddeploying the technology. This volume will also be invaluable tothose working in radar, sonar and bio-medical applications.