Now in its eighth edition, this popular introduction tackles themost recent trends in American politics and society throughexplanation, analyses, and interpretations of government processes- adding valuable context for students by considering theseprocedures and developments from an international perspective.
* Fully updated to take account of the many recent developmentsin American politics and society - exploring one of the mostturbulent political arenas witnessed in decades
* Features new chapters on environmental politics and the Obamapresidency
* Shifts its focus from the gap between public expectations andgovernment performance to the increasingly divisive ideologicalclimate of America's political system
* Benefits from a student-friendly style and design with numerousillustrations and a range of helpful pedagogical features,including chronologies, biographies, and definition boxeshighlighting key concepts and controversial issues
* Offers thought-provoking insights into the social background tocontemporary politics in America, while fully embracing the latestdevelopments and considering these from a non-U.S. perspective