Fully updated to reflect the most recent scholarship in thefield and revised to include many more pedagogical features, AnIntroduction to Sociolinguistics, 7th Edition builds on itsfoundation as the most preeminent textbook in sociolinguistics,updated for today's students.
* Significantly revised discussions throughout each of thebook's four key parts reflect the state of the fieldtoday
* Includes new chapters on Pragmatics, DiscourseAnalysis, and Sociolinguistics and Education
* Incorporates innovative new perspectives drawn fromlinguistic anthropology
* Provides an accessible history of the development ofsociolinguistic thought and how this fast-moving field is integralto our lives
* Includes numerous opportunities for students to engagewith ideas presented in the text through a new glossary, newExplorations and end-of-chapter exercises, links, and keyconcepts
* New companion website includes links and resources forstudents