Titel: Analysis and Design of Information Systems
Autoren/Herausgeber: Arthur M. Langer
Ausgabe: 3., Softcover reprint of hardcover 3rd ed. 2008
Format: 23,5 x 15,5 cm
Gewicht: 652 g
In any software design project, the analysis stage - documenting and designing technical requirements for the needs of users - is vital to the success of the project.
This third edition of the successful Analysis and Design of Information Systems provides a comprehensive introduction and user-friendly survey to all aspects of business transformation and analysis, and aims to provide the complex set of tools covering all types of systems, including legacy, transactional, database, and web/e-commerce topics. Focusing on the applied aspects of analysis to create systems that meet the needs of their users, (consumers and businesses), this revised text aims to enhance the set of techniques and tools that the analyst/designer requires for success and to organizations to implement business transformation of operations.
Topics and features:
• Additional chapters on Web interface tools, security and change control, and data warehouse system design
• Developments on new designs and technologies, particularly in the area of web analysis and design; a revised Web/Commerce chapter addresses component middleware for complex systems design
• New case studies and more examples, providing readers with a deeper understanding of practicalities
• Presents modelling tools within a SDLC framework, thereby providing readers with a step-by-step understanding of when and how to use them
• More coverage on converting logical models to physical models, how to generate DDL, and testing database functionalities
• Expanded scope of analysis and design to include more specific conventions, such as logical to physical design steps, XML, data values, and denormalization
Based on feedback the author received from instructors and practitioners in industry, this enhanced text/reference presents a set of good practices that allow readers to adjust to the constraints and needs of any business. It is a valuable resource and guide for all information systems students, as well as practitioners and professionals who need an in-depth understanding of the principles of the analysis and design process.
Dr. Arthur M. Langer is the senior director of the Center for Technology, Innovation, and Community Engagement at Columbia Universityâ€™s Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Science. He is on the faculty in the Department of Organization and Leadership at the Graduate School of Education (Teachers College), and associate director of instruction and curricular development for programs in information technology in the School of Continuing Education.