The most complete, up-to-date reference on antigen retrieval andimmunohistochemistry
An antigen is a substance that prompts the generation ofantibodies and can cause an immune response. The antigen retrieval(AR) technique is in wide use across the globe, and is a criticaltechnique used in medical diagnosis of disease, particularlyclinical targeted cancer treatment.
Antigen Retrieval Immunohistochemistry Based Research andDiagnostics discusses several scientific approaches to thestandardization of quantifiable immunohistochemistry (IHC). Basedon the development and application of AR by the editors, thisvolume summarizes recent achievements in AR-IHC and analyzesnumerous cutting-edge issues for future research projects.
Featuring contributions from a worldwide group of leadingexperts and research scientists in the field, this importantwork:
* Summarizes the key problems in the four fields of antigenretrieval
* Discusses the advances of AR techniques and theirapplications
* Provides practical methods and protocols in AR-IHC, such asextraction of nucleic acids and proteins for molecular analysis,cell/tissue sample preparation, and standardization and developmentof various techniques to meet the future needs of¿clinical andresearch molecular analysis
* Encourages further research in AR and IHC, particularly how ARmethods might be employed for improved test performance and thedevelopment of greater reliability and reproducibility of IHC
* Includes an appendix of related laboratory protocols
Antigen Retrieval Immunohistochemistry Based Research andDiagnostics is intended for clinical pathologists, molecularcell biologists, basic research scientists, technicians, andgraduate students who undertake tissue/cell morphologic andmolecular analysis and wish to use and extend the power ofimmunohistochemistry. It is also pertinent for most biotechnologycompanies majoring in development of IHC products.
Wiley Series in Biomedical Engineering and Multi-DisciplinaryIntegrated Systems / Kai Chang, Series Editor