A complete introduction tocar-to-X communications networking
Automotive Inter-networking will introduce a range of newnetwork and system technologies for vehicle safety, entertainmentand comfort systems currently being researched and developed. C2Xnetworking is not only a matter of technology, but is also veryclosely related to policy-making about deployment. This book willprovide the background on technical developments but will alsodiscuss the potential benefits, costs and risks. Also discussedwill be concepts related to application of vehicle-to-vehicle andvehicle-to-infrastructure communication technologies for variouspurposes such as automobile safety enhancement, vehicle userapplications for comfort and convenience and efficiency along withother potential commercial applications.
Application domains will build the starting point for ananalysis of the requirements on suitable mobile network technologyand the book will look at how well existing and new systems matchthese requirements. New automotive-specific technologies arepresented in detail, explaining millimeter wave short range systemsand special automotive network protocols. Specially designed systemservices and security mechanisms are introduced and systemarchitecture, radio spectrum use, medium access control, networkprotocols and security concepts and considered. Finally, thebook will present the current world-wide standardizationactivities, deployment strategies and an outlook about theevolvement of inter-vehicle communications in the next decades.
* Presents a comprehensive top-down approach to the newlyevolving car-to-X communications networking
* Provides a broad overview of all relevant C2X communicationtopics
* Written by well known experts in the field
* Predicts the outlook of the evolvement of inter-vehiclecommunications in the next decades
* Includes illustrations and high-level technical sketches ofapplication domains and photographs, 3D renderings and professionalgraphical sketches of current prototypes