Create must-have applications for the latest Android OS
The Android OS is a popular and flexible platform for many oftoday's most in-demand mobile devices. This full-color guide offersyou a hands-on introduction to creating Android applications forthe latest mobile devices. Veteran author Wei Meng Lee accompanieseach lesson with real-world examples to drive home the content hecovers. Beginning with an overview of core Android features andtools, he moves at a steady pace while teaching everything you needto know to successfully develop your own Android applications.
* Explains what an activity is and reviews its lifecycle
* Zeroes in on customizing activities by applying styles andthemes
* Looks at the components of a screen, including LinearLayout,AbsoluteLayout, and RelativeLayout, among others
* Details ways to adapt to different screen sizes and adjustdisplay orientation
* Reviews the variety of views such as TextView, ProgressBar,TimePicker, and more
Beginning Android Application Development pares down themost essential steps you need to know so you can start creatingAndroid applications today.