Explores the benefits and limitations of the latest capillary electrophoresis techniques
Capillary electrophoresis and microchip capillary electrophoresis are powerful analytical tools that are particularly suited for separating and analyzing biomolecules. In comparison with traditional analytical techniques, capillary electrophoresis and microchip capillary electrophoresis offer the benefits of speed, small sample and solvent consumption, low cost, and the possibility of miniaturization.
With contributions from a team of leading analytical scientists, Capillary Electrophoresis and Microchip Capillary Electrophoresis explains how researchers can take full advantage of all the latest techniques, emphasizing applications in which capillary electrophoresis has proven superiority over other analytical approaches. The authors not only explore the benefits of each technique, but also the limitations, enabling readers to choose the most appropriate technique to analyze a particular sample.
The book's twenty-one chapters explore fundamental aspects of electrophoretically driven separations, instrumentation, sampling techniques, separation modes, detection systems, optimization strategies for method development, and applications. Specific topics include:
* Critical evaluation of the use of surfactants in capillary electrophoresis
* Sampling and quantitative analysis in capillary electrophoresis
* Capillary electrophoresis with electrochemical detection
* Overcoming challenges in using microchip electrophoresis for extended monitoring applications
* Capillary electrophoresis of intact unfractionated heparin and related impurities
* Microchip capillary electrophoresis for in situ planetary exploration
Each chapter begins with an introduction and ends with conclusions as well as references to the primary literature. Novices to the field will find this book an easy-to-follow introduction to core capillary electrophoresis techniques and methods. More experienced investigators can turn to the book for troubleshooting tips and expert advice to guide them through the most advanced applications.