Coalitions and Partnerships in Community Health is astep-by-step guide for building durable coalitions to improvecommunity and public health.
This important resource provides an in-depth, analytical, andpractical approach to building, sustaining, and nurturing thesecomplex organizations.
Author Frances Dunn Butterfoss includes all the tools forsuccess in collaborative work from a research and practice-basedstance. The book contains useful approaches to the issues,recommendations for action, resources for further study, andexamples from actual coalition work.
Coalitions and Partnerships in Community Healthexplores
* Historical foundations of coalitions and partnerships
* Principles of collaboration and partnering
* Benefits and challenges of a coalition approach
* Coalition frameworks and models
* Cultivating coalition leadership
* Roles and responsibilities of coalition staff, leaders, andmembers
* Communication, decision-making, and problem-solvingmethods
* Vision, mission, and bylaws
* Effective marketing
* Planning for sustainability
* Approaches to assessment
* Developing strategic and action plans
* Implementing coalition strategies in the community
* Media advocacy, strategies, and tips
* Participatory coalition evaluation