This text is comprehensive, user-friendly handbook that will guidestudents through the full range of written and spoken communicationskills that are demanded by today's biosciences courses. The bookalso offers a valuable refresher for postgraduate students who wishto review or expand their proficiency in these areas. This bookwill provide the student with practical advice on how best tocommunicate scientific material to different audiences includingtheir peers, their tutors and to non-scientists.
* Highly accessible, confidence-building, student-friendlyguide
* Provides comprehensive coverage of the complete range ofpresentation skills needed by students
* Covers essay writing, practical reports, dissertations,projects and presenting in individual, group and posterpresentation settings
* Offers advice on how to avoid common errors includingplagiarism using 'what not to do' boxes throughout the text
* Includes practical advice on how best to communicate scientificmaterial to different audiences e.g. undergraduates, tutors andnon-scientists