Yes, you can turn those great melodies and smokin' grooves inyour head into stunning digital music! And you don't have tobe a musical genius or a computer geek to do it! ComposingDigital Music For Dummies shows you everything you need to knowto compose great tunes using the hottest digital tools.
This friendly, plain-English guide explains all of the digitalmusic basics, including how to work with the latest hardware andsoftware, use templates from the companion CD-ROM to make a quickstart, build your first tune, and save it in different formats.You'll also find out how to add instruments to your score,set tempos and keys, create chord symbols and show fretboards, addlyrics to your tune, and much more. Discover how to:
* Write and arrange digital music
* Determine what -- if any -- equipment you need
* Create your own ringtones and mp3s
* Compose with a MIDI controller, or a mouse
* Work with notation software
* Use keyboard shortcuts
* Publish your creations on the Internet
* Build your own tune from scratch
* Extract parts from your score for each instrument
The companion CD-Rom also includes a demo of Sebelius 5, themost popular music notation software, as well as audio files forall music examples in the book. With this step-by-step guide andyour computer, you'll have everything you need to startwriting, arranging, and publishing your own digital music --immediately!
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials arenot included as part of eBook file.