Won First Prize in the Gastroenterology category of the 2008 BMAMedical Book Competition
To help you accelerate your learning curve, Dr. Cohen offersthis helpful new atlas with over 900 endoscopic images. Emphasizingconditions for which NBI is particularly useful - such asfinding dysplasia in Barrett's mucosa and ulcerative colitisand detecting adenomatous colon polyps - ComprehensiveAtlas of High Resolution Endoscopy and Narrowband Imaging givesyou an exceptional preview of the future of endoscopy, with a broadnew look at normal and abnormal findings throughout the GItract.
The book is divided into three main parts:
* The Basics of NBI
* Potential Applications of NBI
* Atlas of 585 colour images, broken into sections on thepharynx and esophagus, stomach, small intestine, and colon,including correlating histopathology.
The accompanying DVD-ROM includes:
* 55 video clips containing 2 1/2 hours of annotated video togive you a complete sense of how HRE and NBI work and look in realtime, including during therapeutic procedures.
* The complete text with a full text and image caption searchfunction
* A database of figures from the book
This spectacular new imaging modality promises to enhanceendoscopic decision making in real time, facilitate therapeuticmaneuvers, and make tissue sampling more precise. As a tool toguide your mastery of this advance and as a reference for you touse with your patients, colleagues and students, this atlas willfind regular use on your desktop and have a noticeable impact onyour practice.