A complete guide to cricket for players and fans alike
Whether you're a budding player or aspiring armchair expert,Cricket For Dummies helps you get to grips with thisfascinating sport. Completely revised and updated for the firstback-to-back Ashes series in 38 years, this hands-on guide givesyou clear explanations of the cricket's laws, step-by-stepexplanations of techniques and tactics, and exciting coverage ofthe tournaments, global rivalries, and great players.
* Fully revised and updated to chronicle the rise of twenty20cricket and the IPL, the implementation of DRS, and the changingface of the game
* Covers cricket basics--the pitch, the laws, the equipmentand more
* Provides an in-depth look at cricket formats
* Offers a guide to building cricket skills--bowling,batting, and fielding
* Includes coverage of the best players and the biggesttournaments throughout the world
Complete with Top Ten Lists of the greatest cricketers, themost memorable cricket matches, and the biggest controversies,Cricket For Dummies is your one-stop resource on thispopular sport.