This second edition of Cultural Theory provides a conciseintroduction to cultural theory, placing major figures, traditionalconcepts, and contemporary themes within a sharp conceptualframework.
* Provides a student-friendly introduction to what can often be acomplex field of study
* Updates the first edition in response to reader feedback and tothe changing nature of the field
* Includes additional coverage of theorists from the classicalperiod to include Nietzsche and DuBois
* Introduces entirely new chapters on race and gender theory, andthe body
* Considers themes that have become more important in theoreticalactivity in recent years such as computers and virtual reality,cosmopolitanism, and performance theory
* Draws on theories and theorists from continental Europe as wellas the English-speaking world