In this groundbreaking book Phil Barden reveals what decisionscience explains about people's purchase behaviour, andspecifically demonstrates its value to marketing.
He shares the latest research on the motivations behindconsumers' choices and what happens in the human brain asbuyers make their decisions. He deciphers the 'secretcodes' of products, services and brands to explain why peoplebuy them. And finally he shows how to apply this knowledge in dayto day marketing to great effect by dramatically improving keyfactors such as relevance, differentiation and credibility.
* Shows how the latest insights from the fields of BehaviouralEconomics, psychology and neuro-economics explain why we buy whatwe buy
* Offers a pragmatic framework and guidelines for day-to-daymarketing practice on how to employ this knowledge for moreeffective brand management - from strategy to implementation andNPD.
* The first book to apply Daniel Kahneman's NobelPrize-winning work to marketing and advertising
* Packed with case studies, this is a must-read for marketers,advertising professionals, web designers, R&D managers,industrial designers, graphic designers in fact anyone whose roleor interest focuses on the 'why' behind consumerbehaviour.
* Foreword by Rory Sutherland, Executive Creative Director andVice-Chairman, OgilvyOne London and Vice-Chairman,Ogilvy GroupUK
* Full colour throughout