Covering the fast evolving area of advanced coding, ErrorControl Coding for B3G/4G Wireless Systems targets IMT-Advancedsystems to present the latest findings and implementationsolutions. The book begins by detailing the fundamentals ofadvanced coding techniques such as Coding, Decoding, Design, andOptimization. It provides not only state-of-the-art researchfindings in 3D Turbo-codes, non-binary LDPC Codes, Fountain, andRaptor codes, but also insights into their real-worldimplementation by examining hardware architecture solutions, forexample VLSI complexity, FPGA, and ASIC. Furthermore, specialattention is paid to Incremental redundancy techniques, whichconstitute a key feature of Wireless Systems.
A promising application of these advanced coding techniques, theTurbo-principle (also known as iterative processing), isillustrated through an in-depth discussion of Turbo-MIMO,Turbo-Equalization, and Turbo-Interleaving techniques. Finally, thebook presents the status of major standardization activitiescurrently implementing such techniques, with special interest in3GPP UMTS, LTE, WiMAX, IEEE 802.11n, DVB-RCS, DVB-S2, and IEEE802.22. As a result, the book coherently brings together academicand industry vision by providing readers with a uniquelycomprehensive view of the whole topic, whilst also giving anunderstanding of leading-edge techniques.
* Includes detailed coverage of coding, decoding, design, andoptimization approaches for advanced codes
* Provides up to date research findings from both highly reputedacademics and industry standpoints
* Presents the latest status of standardization activities forWireless Systems related to advanced coding
* Describes real-world implementation aspects by giving insightsinto architecture solutions for both LDPC and Turbo-codes
* Examines the most advanced and promising concepts ofturbo-processing applications: Turbo-MIMO, Turbo-Equalization,Turbo-Interleaving