This book provides an in-depth guide to femtocelltechnologies
In this book, the authors provide a comprehensive and organizedexplanation of the femtocell concepts, architecture, air interfacetechnologies, and challenging issues arising from the deployment offemtocells, such as interference, mobility management andself-organization. The book details a system level simulation basedmethodology addressing the key concerns of femtocell deploymentsuch as interference between femto and macrocells, and theperformance of both femto and macrocell layers. In addition, keyresearch topics in interference modeling and mitigation, mobilitymanagement and Self-Organizing Network (SON) are highlighted. Theauthors also introduce HNB/HeNB standardization in 3GPP.Furthermore, access methods (closed, open and hybrid),applications, timing synchronization, health issues, businessmodels and security are discussed. The authors also provide acomparison between femtocells and other indoor coverage techniquessuch as picocells, repeaters, distributed antenna systems and radioover fiber. Lastly, both CDMA and OFDMA based femtocells arecovered.
* Provides a comprehensive reference on femtocells and relatedtopics
* Offers the latest research results on femtocells based onsimulation and measurements
* Gives an overview of indoor coverage techniques such aspicocells, repeaters, distributed antenna systems, radio over fiberand femtocells
* Includes chapters on femtocell access network architecture, airinterface technologies (GSM, UMTS, HSPA, WiMAX and LTE), femtocellsimulation, interference analysis and mitigation in femto/macrocellnetworks, mobility management in femto/macrocell networks,femtocell self-organization and other key challenges such as timingsynchronization and security faced by femtocell deployment
* Points to over 240 references from 3GPP, The Femto Forum,journals and conference proceedings
This book will be an invaluable guide for RF engineers fromoperators, R&D engineers from femtocells hardwaremanufacturers, employees from regulatory bodies, radio networkplanners, academics and researchers from universities and researchorganizations. Students undertaking wireless communications courseswill also find this book insightful.