"Save it in the edit" is a common saying among filmprofessionals. Editing makes the difference between boring vacationmovies and exciting travelogues.between the whole dull newsconference and the highlights on the evening news. Whetheryou're a budding Spielberg, a proud parent who wantstwo-year-old Junior's every feat documented for posterity, ora band that wants your music video to rock, Final Cut Pro HD ForDummies tells you what you need to know to edit regular digitalor high definition video like a pro. It covers the basics ofcapturing, importing, and editing digital videos, with detailedhow-to for:
* Organizing your media
* Navigating the audio and video Timeline tracks and selectingclips and frames on the Timelines
* Getting fancier with split, roll, ripple, slip, and slideedits
* Working with audio, including mixing, editing out scratches andpops, and using filters to create effects
* Using Soundtrack to compose a musical score, even if youdon't know the difference between horns and strings
* Apply transitions such as 3D simulation, dissolve, iris,stretch and squeeze, and more
* Adding text for captions, opening titles, and closingcredits
* Color-correcting video
* Compositing, rendering, and outputting your final product totape, CD, DVD, or the Web
Three bonus chapters online go into more depth about rendering,customizing the interface, and managing media so you can refineyour skills even further.
Final Cut Pro HD For Dummies was written by HelmutKobler, a Los Angeles-based filmmaker, owner of K2Films, and afrequent contributor to Macaddict Magazine. Having this book nextto your editing equipment is the next best thing to having him sitnext to you and guide you through the editing process.