Fundamentals of Midwifery: A Textbook for Students makesthe subject of midwifery accessible, informative and motivating,ensuring that it is an essential text for the aspiring midwife!
This resource brings together knowledge from a collection ofclinical experts and experienced academics to support your learningand prepare you for the challenges faced in contemporary midwiferyhealthcare. It presents you with the 'must-have'information that you need concerning both the theoretical andpractical aspects of what it means to be a midwife. With extensivefull colour illustrations throughout, as well as activities andscenarios, this user-friendly textbook will support you throughoutyour entire education programme. Fundamentals of Midwiferyis essential reading for all pre-registration student midwives, aswell as newly qualified midwives.
* Broad and comprehensive in scope, with chapters on: teamworking; antenatal care, intrapartum and postnatal care; infantfeeding; public health and health promotion; perinatal mentalhealth; complementary therapies; pharmacology and medicinesmanagement; and emergencies.
* Interactive and student-friendly in approach, withactivities throughout.
* Brings together professional and clinical topics in oneuser-friendly book.
* Ties in with the latest NMC Standards forpre-registration midwifery education.
* Supported by an online resource centre featuringinteractive multiple-choice questions, additional scenarios andactivities, and links to further reading.