The most practical, authoritative guide to implementing GAAP
Until now, accountants have had no guidance for what controls,policies, procedures, forms, reports, or archiving requirementsthey should use to properly mesh with the latest GAAP. An idealcompanion volume to the Wiley GAAP guide, the GAAPImplementation Guide provides the practical applicationinformation essential to ensuring that a company's accountingsystems are fully capable of incorporating the most recentGAAP.
GAAP Implementation Guide features handy,illustrative decision trees showing how to determine which GAAPruling to use in a variety of situations, eliminating hours of timewading through detailed GAAP rulings. Other helpful, timesavingfeatures include:
* A concise version of the more detailed GAAP found in the WileyGAAP guides
* Specific accounting policies that comply with GAAP, especiallyin terms of creating controls that mesh with GAAP
* The most common accounting transactions modified to work withinGAAP restrictions
* Specific controls that allow the maximum level of control overaccounting systems while remaining in compliance with GAAP
* Templates for forms and reports that can be used in aGAAP-compliant accounting system
* Numerous examples of footnotes that can be used to describeGAAP-mandated financial disclosures
* Hundreds of GAAP-compliant journal entries for most accountingtransactions
* Identification of the types of reports and other information tobe retained as part of a comprehensive accounting system
GAAP Implementation Guide is a valuable tool forCFOs, controllers, accounting managers, and general ledgeraccountants who need to ensure that their company properly treatsall types of accounting transactions in accordance with GAAP.