Understanding how gears are formed and how they interact or'mesh' with each other is essential when designingequipment that uses gears or gear trains. The way in which gearteeth are formed and how they mesh is determined by their geometryand kinematics, which is the topic of this book.
Gears and Gear Drives provides the reader withcomprehensive coverage of gears and gear drives. Spur, helical,bevel, worm and planetary gears are all covered, with considerationgiven to their classification, geometry, kinematics, accuracycontrol, load capacity and manufacturing. Cylindrical gear geometryis the basis for dealing with any gear drives, so this is coveredin detail.
* Contains hundreds of 2D and 3D figures to illustrate all typesof gears and gear drives, including planetary and worm gears
* Includes fundamental derivations and explanations offormulae
* Enables the reader to know how to carry out accuracy controland load capacity checks for any gear drive
* Includes directions for the practical design of gears and geardrives
* Covers DIN and ISO standards in the area
Gears and Gear Drives is a comprehensive reference for gearsand gear drive professionals and graduate students in mechanicalengineering departments and covers everything important to know howto design, control and manufacture gear drives.