Updated with new material to reflect the latest developments in thefield, Gender in History: Global Perspectives, 2ndEdition, provides a concise overview of the construction ofgender in world cultures from the Paleolithic era to modern times.
* Includes examples drawn from the most recent scholarshiprelating to a diverse range of cultures, from Ancient Mesopotamiato post-Soviet Russia, and from the Igbo of Nigeria, to theIroquois of north eastern North America.
* Reflects new developments in the field with added coverage ofprimates, slavery, colonialism, masculinity, and transgenderissues
* Features significant discussion of the Paleolithic andNeolithic periods, an important trend in the study of worldhistory
* Lays out key theoretical and methodological issues in anintroduction that is written in accessible language
* Supplementary material for instructors and students availableat www.wiley.com/go/wiesnerhanks