Global Communication is the most definitive text onmulti-national communication and media conglomerates, exploring howglobal media influences both audiences and policy makers around theworld. This new edition is comprehensively updated to reflect themany fast moving developments associated with this dynamicfield.
* A new edition of the most definitive text on multi-nationalcommunication and media conglomerates, each chapter updated withextensive new details
* Covers the expanding area of global communication and describesmajor multimedia conglomerates, particularly in the USA, includingthe purchase of NBC-Universal by Comcast and Disney's expansion inChina
* Includes new information on the phone hacking scandal by NewsCorporation's employees in the UK
* Explains the significant changes in the communication industryboth in the US and elsewhere
* Chronicles the continuing story of the development of ArabMedia with new coverage on the Arab Spring
* Offers an updated companion website with instructor'smanual, test banks and student activities, available uponpublication at www.wiley.com/go/mcphail