Based on the author's first-hand experience and expertise,this book offers a proven framework for global softwareengineering. Readers will learn best practices for managing avariety of software projects, coordinating the activities ofseveral locations across the globe while accounting for culturaldifferences. Most importantly, readers will learn how to engineer afirst-rate software product as efficiently as possible by fullyleveraging global personnel and resources.
Global Software and IT takes a unique approach that works forprojects of any size, examining such critical topics as:
* Executing a seamless project across multiple locations
* Mitigating the risks of off-shoring
* Developing and implementing processes for globaldevelopment
* Establishing practical outsourcing guidelines
* Fostering effective collaboration and communication acrosscontinents and culture
This book provides a balanced framework for planning globaldevelopment, covering topics such as managing people in distributedsites and managing a project across locations. It delivers acomprehensive business model that is beneficial to anyone lookingfor the most cost-effective, efficient way to engineer goodsoftware products.