The overall goal of vehicle design is to make a robust andreliable product that meets the demands of the customers and thisbook treats the topic of analysing and describing customer loadswith respect to durability.
Guide to Load Analysis for Vehicle and DurabilityEngineering supplies a variety of methods for load analysis andalso explains their proper use in view of the vehicle designprocess. In Part I, Overview, there are two chapters presenting thescope of the book as well as providing an introduction to thesubject. Part II, Methods for Load Analysis, describes usefulmethods and indicates how and when they should be used. Part III,Load Analysis in view of the Vehicle Design Process, offersstrategies for the evaluation of customer loads, in particularcharacterization of customer populations, which leads to thederivation of design loads, and finally to the verification ofsystems and components.
* Is a comprehensive collection of methods for load analysis,vehicle dynamics and statistics
* Combines standard load data analysis methods withstatistical aspects on deriving test loads from surveys of customerusage
* Sets the methods used in the framework of system dynamicsand response, and derives recommendations for the application ofmethods in engineering practice
* Presents a reliability design methodology based onstatistical evaluation of component strength and customersloads
* Includes case studies and illustrative examples thattranslate the theory into engineering practice
Developed in cooperation with six Europeantruck manufacturers (DAF, Daimler, Iveco, MAN, Scania andVolvo) to meet the needs of industry, Guide to Load Analysis forVehicle and Durability Engineering provides an understanding ofthe current methods in load analysis and will inspire theincorporation of new techniques in the design and testprocesses.