Control theory is the main subject of this title, in particularanalysis and control design for hybrid dynamic systems.
The notion of hybrid systems offers a strong theoretical andunified framework to cope with the modeling, analysis and controldesign of systems where both continuous and discrete dynamicsinteract. The theory of hybrid systems has been the subject ofintensive research over the last decade and a large number ofdiverse and challenging problems have been investigated.Nevertheless, many important mathematical problems remainopen.
This book is dedicated mainly to hybrid systems with constraints;taking constraints into account in a dynamic system description hasalways been a critical issue in control. New tools are providedhere for stability analysis and control design for hybrid systemswith operating constraints and performance specifications.
1. Positive Systems: Discretization with Positivity andConstraints, Patrizio Colaneri, Marcello Farina, Stephen Kirkland,Riccardo Scattolini and Robert Shorten.
2. Advanced Lyapunov Functions for Lur'e Systems, Carlos A.Gonzaga, Marc Jungers and Jamal Daafouz.
3. Stability of Switched DAEs, Stephan Trenn.
4. Stabilization of Persistently Excited Linear Systems, YacineChitour, Guilherme Mazanti and Mario Sigalotti.
5. Hybrid Coordination of Flow Networks, Claudio De Persis, PaoloFrasca.
6. Control of Hybrid Systems: An Overview of Recent Advances,Ricardo G. Sanfelice.
7. Exponential Stability for Hybrid Systems with Saturations, MirkoFiacchini, Sophie Tarbouriech, Christophe Prieur.
8. Reference Mirroring for Control with Impacts, Fulvio Forni,Andrew R. Teel, Luca Zaccarian.
About the Authors
Jamal Daafouz is an expert in the area of switched and polytopicsystems and has published several major results in leading journals(IEEE TAC, Automatica, Systems and Control Letters, etc.). Heserves as an Associate Editor for the key journal IEEE TAC and is amember of the Editorial Board of the IEEE CSS society.
Sophie Tarbouriech is an expert in the area of nonlinear systemswith constraints and has published several major results in leadingjournals (IEEE TAC, Automatica, Systems and Control Letters, etc.)and books. She is a member of the Editorial Board of the IEEE CSSsociety and has also served as an Associate Editor for the keyjournal IEEE TAC.
Mario Sigalotti is an expert in applied mathematics and switchedsystems and has published several results in leading journals (IEEETAC, Automatica, Systems and Control Letters, etc.). He heads theINRIA team GECO and is a member of the IFAC Technical Committee onDistributed Parameter Systems.