Throughout the next decade, 802 wireless systems will become anintegral part of fourth generation (4G) cellular communicationsystems, where the convergence of wireless and cellular networkswill materialize through support of interworking and seamlessroaming across dissimilar wireless and cellular radio accesstechnologies. IEEE 802 Wireless Systems clearly describesthe leading systems, covering IEEE 802.11 WLAN, IEEE 802.15 WPAN,IEEE 802.16 WMAN systems' architecture, standards andprotocols (including mesh) with an instructive approach allowingindividuals unfamiliar with wireless systems to follow andunderstand these technologies. Ranging from digital radiotransmission fundamentals, duplex, multiplexing and switching tomedium access control, radio spectrum regulation, coexistence andspectrum sharing, this book also offers new solutions to broadbandmulti-hop networking for cellular and ad hoc operation. The book
* Gives a comprehensive overview and performance evaluation ofIEEE 802.11, 802.15 and 802.16
* Includes a tutorial like introduction to the basics of wirelesscommunication
* Discusses challenges in mesh/multi-hop relaying networks andprovides profound solutions for their realization with 802 WirelessSystems
* Covers spectrum sharing on different levels and providessolutions for coexistence, cooperation and interworking of 802Wireless Systems that are following the same or differentstandards, but share the same spectrum
* Includes a detailed overview and introduction on cognitiveradio and dynamic spectrum access
* Accompanying website contains simulation software and providesslides of the figures and tables from the book ready for coursepresentation
This book is an essential text for advanced undergraduatestudents with a basic working knowledge of wireless communication,graduate students and engineers working in the field of wirelesscommunications.