The first practical guide for hospitalists on the use ofanticoagulants in hospitalized patients
This edited volume provides a comprehensive overview of thevital topic of anticoagulation in the hospital setting. Designedspecifically for use by hospital-based clinicians and associatedhospital-based staff, this fully evidence-based book addresses themost commonly used anticoagulant agents, the latest advances inanticoagulation drugs, and primary indications for their use attherapeutic levels.
This thorough, easy-to-use reference summarizes the mostimportant guidelines and medical literature on anticoagulation. Itfeatures a careful review of the epidemiology and treatment ofcomplications associated with anticoagulants. Unique topics includetransition of care and practical strategies for developing andimplementing quality improvement programs to enhance theadministration and safety of anticoagulants.
This concise resource also covers:
* Antiplatelet medications
* The treatment and prevention of venous thromboembolism inmedical patients
* Venous thromboembolism prophylaxis in surgical patients
* Peri-operative management of oral anticoagulants andantiplatelet agents
* Prevention of cardioembolic stroke
* Antithrombotics for ischemic stroke
* Antithrombotic therapy for non-ST elevation acute coronarysyndrome
* Hemorrhagic complications of anticoagulants in hospitalizedpatients
* Heparin-induced thrombocytopenia
Hospitalists and other members of the patient care team willfind that Inpatient Anticoagulation answers their questions withdependable and timely information.