Titel: Introduction to Embedded System Design Using Field Programmable Gate Arrays
Autoren/Herausgeber: Rahul Dubey
Format: 23,5 x 15,5 cm
Gewicht: 940 g
As the uses of digital systems continue to proliferate in quantity and variety, field programmable gate arrays (FPGAs) are taking centre-stage in their design. Introduction to Embedded System Design Using Field Programmable Gate Arrays provides a starting point for the use of FPGAs in the design of embedded systems. The text considers a hypothetical robot controller as an embedded application and weaves around it related concepts of FPGA-based digital design. The book details:
• use of FPGA vis-à-vis general purpose processor and microcontroller;
• design using Verilog hardware description language;
• digital design synthesis using Verilog and Xilinx® SpartanTM 3 FPGA;
• FPGA-based embedded processors and peripherals;
• overview of serial data communications and signal conditioning using FPGA;
• FPGA-based motor drive controllers; and
• prototyping digital systems using FPGA.
The book is a good introductory text for FPGA-based design. It will be useful for both students and designers who have worked with microprocessors and microcontrollers and now wish to move to design using FPGA. Its end-of-chapter exercises and frequent use of example can be used for teaching or for self-study.