In its new Second Edition, the innovative and ever-popularInvestigating Culture has been updated and revised toincorporate new teacher and student feedback. Carol Delaney andDeborah Kaspin provide an expanded introduction to culturalanthropology that is even more accessible to students.
* Revised and enhanced new edition that incorporates additionalmaterial and classroom feedback
* Accessible to a wider range of students and educationalsettings
* Provides a refreshing alternative to traditional textbooks bychallenging students to think in new ways and to apply ideasof culture to their own lives
* Focuses on the ways that humans orient themselves, e.g., inspace and time, according to language, food, the body, and thesymbols provided by public myth and ritual
* Includes chapters that frame the central issues and provideexamples from a range of cultures, with selected readings,additional suggested readings, and student exercises