This book comprehensively covers iodine, its chemistry, and itsrole in functional materials, reagents, and compounds.
* Provides an up-to-date, detailed overview of iodinechemistry with discussion on elemental aspects: characteristics,properties, iodides, and halogen bonding
* Acts as a useful guide for readers to learn how tosynthesize complex compounds using iodine reagents orintermediates
* Describes traditional and modern processingtechniques, such as starch, cupper, blowing out, and ion exchangeresin methods
* Includes seven detailed sections devoted to theapplications of iodine: Characteristics, Production, Synthesis,Biological Applications, Industrial Applications, BioorganicChemistry and Environmental Chemistry, and Radioisotopes
* Features hot topics in the field, such as hypervalentiodine-mediated cross coupling reactions, agrochemicals, dyesensitized solar cells, and therapeutic agents