Lagrangian expansions can be used to obtain numerous useful probability models, which have been applied to real life situations including, but not limited to: branching processes, queuing processes, stochastic processes, environmental toxicology, diffusion of information, ecology, strikes in industries, sales of new products, and production targets for optimum profits. This book presents a comprehensive, systematic treatment of the class of Lagrangian probability distributions, along with some of its families, their properties, and important applications.
* Fills a gap in book literature
* Examines many new Lagrangian probability distributions, their numerous families, general and specific properties, and applications to a variety of different fields
* Presents background mathematical and statistical formulas for easy reference
* Detailed bibliography and index
* Exercises in many chapters
Graduate students and researchers with a good knowledge of standard statistical techniques and an interest in Lagrangian probability distributions will find this work valuable. It may be used as a reference text or in courses and seminars on Distribution Theory and Lagrangian Distributions. Applied scientists and researchers in environmental statistics, reliability, sales management, epidemiology, operations research, optimization in manufacturing and marketing, and infectious disease control will benefit immensely from the various applications in the book.