An invaluable tutorial on the dramatic changes to EnterpriseJavaBeans (EJB) 3.0
Featuring myriad changes from its previous versions, EJB 3.0 boastsa very different programming and deployment model, with nearlyevery aspect of development affected. Even the most experienced EBJand J2EE developers will need to relearn how to best use EJB todevelop mission-critical applications. This author team of expertshas taken their combined skills in architecture, development,consulting, and knowledge transfer to explain the various changesto EJB 3.0 as well as the rationale behind these changes. You'lllearn the concepts and techniques for authoring distributed,enterprise components in Java from the ground up.
Covering basic through advanced subjects, Mastering EnterpriseJavaBeans 3.0 is more than 50 percent new and revised. Four newchapters and one new appendix cover the latest features of this newrelease, and in-depth coverage of the Java Persistence API and theentities defined therein is provided. The authors' main goal is toget you programming with EJB immediately. To that end, you'lllearn:
* How to implement EJB 3.0 beans, with emphasis on session beans(stateful and stateless) and message-driven beans
* Both basic and advanced concepts (such as inheritance,relationships, and so on) of Java Persistence API definedentities
* How to develop and deploy EJB 3.0 Web services
* How to secure EJB applications
* How to integrate EJB applications with the outside world via theJava EE Connector technology
* Tips and techniques for designing and deploying EJB for betterperformance
* How clustering in large-scale EJB systems works
* Best practices for EJB application design, development, andtesting
The companion Web site provides all the source code, updates to thesource code examples, and a PDF version of the book.
Wiley Technology Publishing Timely. Practical. Reliable.
Visit the companion Web site at www.wiley.com/go/sriganesh