Multi-Gigabit Transmission over Multimode Optical Fibrepresents a system design approach to single-wavelength laser-basedmultimode optical fibre transmission systems, operating atmulti-gigabit data rates.
The first part of the book focuses on theoretical issues,covering close-form mathematical modelling of multimode fibrebehaviour, with special attention on the impulse response. Part two presents a modular system modelling approach discussingits features, applications, and limitations. The author gives adetailed discussion of the Electronic Dispersion Compensatorimplemented using the Decision Feedback Equalizer technique. In addition, pioneering laboratory measurements of 10GbE overseveral hundreds of meters of legacy multimode fibres are presentedin a systematic context for the first time.
Multi-Gigabit Transmission over Multimode OpticalFibre:
* Provides a comprehensive guide to single-wavelength laser-basedmultimode optical fibre transmission systems, covering physics,systems and networks.
* Covers the theory, modelling and design criteria of high speedand multimode fibre optic communication systems.
* Explains waveguide theories, opto-electronic devices and systemdesign.
* Offers a self-contained description of the optical pulsepropagation theory.
* Discusses Electronic Dispersion Compensation technique as themost efficient mitigation of the multimode pulse dispersion.
Multi-Gigabit Transmission over Multimode Optical Fibrewill be an essential resource for R&D engineers and systemdesigners, as well as advanced undergraduate and postgraduatestudents in the area of telecommunications and networking.