A comprehensive reference on nanoscale materialschemistry--now revised and updated.
This extensive text provides twenty-two revised chapters on thepreparations, applications, and characterization as well as theenvironmental and toxicological aspects of nanoscale materials,with an emphasis on the chemistry component. This SecondEdition contains core topics including:
* New synthetic methods for nanomaterials
* Nanostructured solids
* Organized two- and three-dimensional nanocrystals
* Nanotubes, ribbons, and sheets
* Nanocatalysts, sorbents, and energy applications
* Unique physical properties of nanomaterials
* Photochemistry of nanomaterials
* Biological and environmental aspects of nanomaterials
With input from top experts in the field, such as Bruce Dunn,Vicki Grassian, Warren Ford, and Chris Sorensen, among others,Nanoscale Materials in Chemistry presents a balanced surveyof different topics in basic nanoparticle science, and includeshelpful end-of-chapter questions and answers. Significantlyexpanded, the Second Edition remains a key text forunderstanding the fundamentals of nanoscale materials chemistry anda reliable resource for scientists and researchers.