Network coding, a relatively new area of research, has evolvedfrom the theoretical level to become a tool used to optimize theperformance of communication networks - wired, cellular, adhoc, etc. The idea consists of mixing "packets" of datatogether when routing them from source to destination. Sincenetwork coding increases the network performance, it becomes a toolto enhance the existing protocols and algorithms in a network orfor applications such as peer-to-peer and TCP.
This book delivers an understanding of network coding and providesa set of studies showing the improvements in security, capacity andperformance of fixed and mobile networks. This is increasinglytopical as industry is increasingly becoming more reliant upon andapplying network coding in multiple applications. Many cases wherenetwork coding is used in routing, physical layer, security,flooding, error correction, optimization and relaying are given- all of which are key areas of interest.
Network Coding is the ideal resource for university studentsstudying coding, and researchers and practitioners in sectors ofall industries where digital communication and its applicationneeds to be correctly understood and implemented.
1. Network Coding: From Theory to Practice, YoughourtaBenfattoum, Steven Martin and Khaldoun Al Agha.
2. Fountain Codes and Network Coding for WSNs, Anya Apavatjrut,Claire Goursaud, Katia Jaffrès-Runser and Jean-MarieGorce.
3. Switched Code for Ad Hoc Networks: Optimizing the Diffusion byUsing Network Coding, Nour Kadi and Khaldoun Al Agha.
4. Security by Network Coding, Katia Jaffrès-Runser andCédric Lauradoux.
5. Security for Network Coding, Marine Minier, Yuanyuan Zhang andWassim Znaïdi.
6. Random Network Coding and Matroids, Maximilien Gadouleau.
7. Joint Network-Channel Coding for the Semi-Orthogonal MARC:Theoretical Bounds and Practical Design, Atoosa Hatefi, Antoine O.Berthet and Raphael Visoz.
8. Robust Network Coding, Lana Iwaza, Marco Di Renzo and MichelKieffer.
9. Flow Models and Optimization for Network Coding, Eric Gourdinand Jeremiah Edwards.