Provides detailed procedures and useful hints onorganometallic reactions of Cu, Rh, Ni, and Au
With contributions from leading organic chemists who specializein the use of organometallics in organic synthesis, this acclaimedManual offers an especially valuable resource for allsynthetic chemists, providing a practical reference for conductingtransition metal-mediated synthetic reactions. This FourthManual is divided into four chapters:
* Chapter I: Organocopper Chemistry
* Chapter II: Organorhodium Chemistry
* Chapter III: Organonickel Chemistry
* Chapter IV: Organogold Chemistry
Each of these newly written chapters features detailed,practical examples from the literature that guide readers throughthe preparation of organometallic reagents and their applicationsin organic synthesis. Procedures are presented in theManual's acclaimed step-by-step recipe format, enabling bothnovices and experienced synthetic chemists to perform all thereactions with ease. In addition, the Manual features:
* Extensive background information on the organometallicchemistry of Cu, Rh, Ni, and Au
* References to the primary literature facilitating furtherinvestigation of all the reactions covered in theManual
* Mechanistic considerations to help readers better understandhow the desired products are formed
* Future research opportunities for each organometallicclass
Organometallics in Synthesis provides extensive anddetailed information enabling synthetic chemists to readily assessthe applicability of a synthetic method to a given need, and thento perform the reaction with confidence. The Manual coversboth established organometallic procedures along with the mostrecently published protocols.
Industrial processes are increasingly relying on organometallicchemistry. In this Manual, readers will find applications tosuch fields as natural products total synthesis, pharmaceuticals,fine chemicals, biotechnology, agricultural science, polymers, andmaterials science.