A greatly revised and expanded account of phaselocktechnology
The Third Edition of this landmark book presents new developmentsin the field of phaselock loops, some of which have never beenpublished until now. Established concepts are reviewed criticallyand recommendations are offered for improved formulations. The workreflects the author's own research and many years of hands-onexperience with phaselock loops.
Reflecting the myriad of phaselock loops that are now found inelectronic devices such as televisions, computers, radios, and cellphones, the book offers readers much new material, including:
* Revised and expanded coverage of transfer functions
* Two chapters on phase noise
* Two chapters examining digital phaselock loops
* A chapter on charge-pump phaselock loops
* Expanded discussion of phase detectors and of oscillators
* A chapter on anomalous phaselocking
* A chapter on graphical aids, including Bode plots, root locusplots, and Nichols charts
As in the previous editions, the focus of the book is on underlyingprinciples, which remain valid despite technological advances.Extensive references guide readers to additional information tohelp them explore particular topics in greater depth.
Phaselock Techniques, Third Edition is intended for practicingengineers, researchers, and graduate students. This criticallyacclaimed book has been thoroughly updated with new information andexpanded for greater depth.