Physiology and Behaviour of Plants looks at plantsand how they sense and respond to their environment. It takes thetraditional plant physiology book into a new dimension bydemonstrating how the biochemical observations underlie thebehaviour of the plant. In many ways the book parallels coursesstudied at university on animal physiology and behaviour. The planthas to meet the same challenges as an animal to survive, butovercomes these challenges in very different ways. Students learnto think of plants not only as dynamic organisms, but aggressive,territorial organisms capable of long-range communication.
Hallmark features include:
* Based on a successful course that the author has run forseveral years at Sussex University, UK
* Relates plant biochemistry to plant function
* Printed in four colour throughout
* Includes a wealth of illustrations and photographs that engagesthe reader's attention and reinforce key concepts exploredwithin the text
* Presents material in a modern 'topic' basedapproach, with many relevant and exciting examples to inspire thestudent
* An accompanying web site will include teaching supplements
This innovative textbook is the ultimate resource for allstudents in biology, horticulture, forestry andagriculture.
Companion website for this title is available at www.wiley.com/go/scott/plants