A complete overview of a key plastic
One of the most versatile polymer materials, polyurethanes havea unique chemical nature that allows for shaping and molding to fitall sorts of consumer and industrial products - seatcushions, carpets, insulation, coatings, and refrigerators to namea few. Despite its popular uses, polyurethane science has onlyrelatively recently achieved appreciation for the richness of itsexpression as a polymer family. This book provides a thoroughpresentation of polyurethane science, technology markets and trendanalysis based on recent patents. Although it does notprovide ultimate detail (such as explicit information typically inpatents), the book has a flow and continuity that allows readers tofind all the background necessary to understand any other moredetailed polyurethane information found elsewhere.
Anyone involved in the polymer and plastics industry will findthis book a key resource with features that include:
* An in-depth summary of the current state of polyurethaneresearch and knowledge
* Discussion of the applications, manufacture, and markets forpolyurethanes
* Analytical methods, reaction mechanisms, morphology,theoretical techniques, and the selection of chain extenders
* Polyurethane flexible and rigid foams, elastomers, coatings,adhesives, and medical applications
* In-depth coverage of governmental regulations,non-isocyanate/non-phosgene routes to polyurethane structure, andindustrial routes to environmental, health, and safety riskmitigation