The advances made possible by the development of moleculartechniques have in recent years revolutionized quantitativegenetics and its relevance for population genetics.Population Genetics and Microevolutionary Theorytakes a modern approach to population genetics, incorporatingmodern molecular biology, species-level evolutionary biology, and athorough acknowledgment of quantitative genetics as the theoreticalbasis for population genetics.
* Logically organized into three main sections on populationstructure and history, genotype-phenotype interactions, andselection/adaptation
* Extensive use of real examples to illustrate concepts
* Written in a clear and accessible manner and devoid of complexmathematical equations
* Includes the author's introduction to background material aswell as a conclusion for a handy overview of the field and itsmodern applications
* Each chapter ends with a set of review questions andanswers
* Offers helpful general references and Internet links