Practical Pharmacology for the Pharmaceutical Sciences isa lab survival guide for those studying Pharmacology, providinghands-on advice on developing pharmacology laboratory and datahandling skills. Suitable for both undergraduates andpostgraduates, it focuses on laboratory techniques rather thancomputer-simulated data. It also guides the reader through theprocess of communicating experimental results in a variety offormats, including posters, oral presentations and projectreports.
Split into three main areas, the following topics are covered indetail:
Preparation for Experimental Pharmacology
* Legal aspects
* Fundamentals of Pharmacology
* Definitions, calculations and statistics
Experiments in Pharmacology
* Microtitre-based techniques using isolated cells
* In vitro techniques using isolated tissues andorgans
* Biochemical techniques using cell-free systems
Communicating experimental results
* Data presentation
* How to write scientific reports
* Pharmacological literature
Supported with numerous questions throughout the text, as wellas step by step instructions for practical experiments, this bookpresents an approach to learning pharmacology through anappreciation of authentic experimental data.