A thorough treatment of product and systems development interms of value to all stakeholders
Product and Systems Development compiles more than twentyyears of research and practice from a value perspective, fromvision and marketing to design, manufacturing, delivery,operations, and maintenance. It defines stakeholder value andidentifies specific stakeholders in the product and systemdevelopment process; covers best practices in development; andexamines systems engineering, current industry views, and the lifecycle of a value stream.
Featuring appendices written by professionals in the field ontopics such as Design Structure Matrices, Lean Enablers for systemsengineering, and MDAO and simulations, this indispensableguide:
* Explains why stakeholders' values can hold the key tofulfillment or defeat of the developer's vision
* Emphasizes the succession of value-contributing practices andtools that form a framework for development success
* Integrates the technical, productivity, and customer/end-userelements in product and system development
* Uses more than 100 tables and figures to illustrate the aboveprocesses, as well as corollary elements of risk, failure analysis,and fault-tolerant design
* Includes numerous case studies and links to onlinematerial
Product and Systems Development is an excellentcoursebook for senior and graduate students in aerospace,mechanical, civil, electrical, and material engineering, as well asmanagement science and engineering. It is also a useful referencefor practicing engineers in a variety of technology-basedindustries.